Sunday, January 17, 2010

Outrage

I wonder if however-many-years ago, people across America looked at the pack of cigarettes sitting on their table and said, "Wait a sec--you're telling me these things can kill me?" I always thought that consumers had to be willingly ignorant to not know about the dangers and health risks posed by smoking, but in light of the recent news about BPA's, I'm beginning to think that I, too, have been duped. And worse, that the government has been the one distributing the blinders. It turns out that Bisphenol-A (BPA), a common chemical found in many hard plastics, might actually be the cause of many of the diseases that Americans increasingly suffer from -- including Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, the one that I have dealt with since early adolescence. The Food and Drug Administration has vowed to conduct further research into this chemical before banning it outright, but I'm putting my money on this stuff is toxic and I don't want it around. Starting today, I am going to document my research into the chemical, its possible side-effects, my inquiries into what the FDA knew and when they knew it, and what efforts I am making to avoid it. The trouble is, this stuff is everywhere. So while I may never rid my life of this toxin completely, my hope is to cleanse my system enough to achieve better health and peace of mind. This web site is my hope that you will join me on my journey to a BPA-free life.

No comments:

Post a Comment